1. We have skin on our
bodies which is covered in hair. Birds, on the other hand,
are covered in .
2. A cat has on
its body, but a dog has
3. Humans have a nose in the middle of our face, but a pig
has a .
4. We put food in our mouths, but birds use a
to eat food with.
5. And what about feet? Dogs and cats don’t have feet, they
have and horses
6. We chew our food with our teeth. Snakes inject poison
into their victims through their
Match the sentences that have the same, or a similar, meaning.
1. Pepito might have told
me. – .
I’m not sure whether Pepito told me. - .
2. You must be joking. – .
You have to tell a joke. – .
3. We might as well go to bed soon. –
We might well go to bed soon. – .
4. You probably won’t take too long. –
You shouldn’t take too long. – .
5. It wasn’t a good idea to tell her. –
I shouldn’t have told her. – .
Complete the sentences, and
the idioms, with the correct animal.
1. My sister was
arrested for dr*g trafficking and pr*stitution in South
America. She really is the black
of the family.
2. We’re getting a 15% raise in salary at the end of the
year. I know it’s true because I got the information
straight from the
3. It was a mistake to tell your mum about our trip to
Thailand. She’s told everyone and now the
_ ’s out of the
4. Jim and June have just got back from their holiday in
Australia. Apparently, they had a
of a time.
5. Have you listened to the Mansión Inglés podcasts on
inglespodcast.com? They really are the
6. I never take criticism badly. I ignore it. It’s like
water off a ’s
back to me.
Advertising is all around
us these days, from our email inbox to the bus stops we
queue at and the TV we relax in front of before we go to
in the ad showing the sexy man in the powerful car
and the cute girl with perfect hair is the message that if
we buy the product, we will be rich, successful and happy.
Is it fair to our secret dreams and desires in this way? I think
not, especially when advertising is so
and us from all sides.
However, those in favour of advertising say that it’s
convenient and , especially web advertising based on our search history and
It’s claimed that it’s better to see an ad for a product or
service you’re interested in than one you are not. I’m on
the about this. I think it’s a
between privacy and convenience.