Complete sentences by writing an appropriate form of the word at the
end of each sentence. Follow the example..
Example: Our new line
of washing powder removes stains and
clean summer freshness to your wash every time. - SURE
1. Despite being
3 to 1, we still mangaged to win first prize. – NUMBER
2. When Samantha moved to Spain, she had to get her master’s
degree by the
education board. – VALID
3. When the rock band came on stage there was a
roar from the
audience. – DEAF
4. Those jeans are much too short for you. You’ll have to
get them . – LONG
5. Pepito was charged for drinking and driving and
from driving for
18 months. – QUALIFY
6. At the end of the year our performance is
by the manager
and he decides whether we get a raise or not. - VALUE
Choose the best linking expression to complete the sentences.
1. Hugh Grant is great in
romantic comedies. He isn't a very good dramatic actor,
2. Pepito didn't stop getting into work late,
the fact that his boss had already given him two
3. Simon had always wanted to work for himself.
, with heavy mortgage payments and another baby on
the way, it wasn't the best time for him to give up a steady
4. They were poor, they were happy.
5. you say, I'll never believe you ever really loved
6. , I still don't think she'll ever be a top class
7. I practise my pronunciation, native English
speakers just never seem to understand me.
8. , Pepito just couldn't persuade his boss to let him
have an extra week's holiday.
9, Karaoke, Pepito agreed to go with the Japanese
clients in order to try and close the deal.
10. all her bad personal habits, Sergio couldn't help
falling in love with his secretary.