Complete the second sentence so
that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word in
bold. Do not change the word in bold. You must use between three and six
words, including the word in bold.
1) I would like to say that I wasn’t
satisfied with how the hotel staff treated me. EXPRESS
- I wish to the poor service at
2) It is hardly likely that we will be going to Italy on holiday this
There is to Italy on holiday
3) “Will you drive me to the airport, please,” Pepito asked me. GIVE
- Pepito asked if to the
4) Can I help you, madam? ATTENDED
- Are , madam?
5) You have to tell the travel agent two weeks in advance if you are
changing your booking. NOTICE
- Customers are if they intend
to change their booking.
6) You should never leave your luggage anywhere and just go off. ACCOUNT
- On no unattended.
dis can be used to make some verbs
negative. The opposite of agree is disagree, the opposite of do is undo.
What are the opposites of these verbs?
Match the prefixes with their meanings.
Write more examples for each prefix in