Decide which time expressions typically go together with the
and which go with the
in the last few days
so far today
when I was younger
since I got up
two weeks ago
before I came here
over the last week
for the last two years
on my 10th birthday
Now complete each sentence with one
of the compound nouns from the previous exercise.
1. I think my
is getting worse. I need to sit much
closer to the TV than I did before.
2. When you go to the supermarket, can you pick up a tube of
. We've run out.
3. During the Fallas festival in Valencia, you can see
going off all day and every day.
4. Our kids love going to the . They
especially like swimming and playing with the sand.
5. Quick! Put dad's whisky back in the cupboard. I can hear his
coming down the hall.
6. Did you feel that the other day?
It made the whole building shake.
Complete the following sentences by writing the verbs in the correct form.
Follow the example.
our new neighbours
yesterday. They seem quite friendly. (know/meet)
1. If they this match they’ll be
league champions. (earn/win)
2. The women have to water from the
well to the village. (wear/carry)
3. At the top of the mountain we stopped and
the spectacular view. (look at/watch)
4. Do you prefer doing sport or it on
TV? (watch/look at)
5. Would you like to my holiday
photos? (watch/look at)
6. Although my sister’s clothes fit me she never
me anything!!! (borrow/lend)
7. I was born in London but I in
Madrid. (grow/grow up)