Now complete each sentence with one
of the compound nouns from the previous exercise.
1. It was sunny and raining at the same time today
and we saw a lovely .
2. Has Gina got a new _? I saw her
walking arm in arm with a guy in the shopping centre today
3. After the wedding we’re going to Benidorm for our
4. A stone was thrown up by a passing lorry and cracked the
of our car.
5. Can you pass me my purse, please. It’s in my
6. You’ll need your if you’re going
out. It’s pouring down outside.
1. That girl in the red dress looks very
. I’m sure I’ve seen her before.
2. I’m not of anything that might
have made him angry. Maybe he’s having problems at home.
3. “Hello. My name’s Pepe, nice to
4. We’re having a dinner on Christmas
Day, and you’re welcome to come and spend the day with us if you want to.
5. “Hello. I’m Samantha. I don’t think we
each other. I work with your
6. I told my boss that I wasn’t to
working weekends, and that if there was a lot of work he would have to do it