Now choose a collocation from the
previous exercise to complete the following sentences. You may need to change
the form of the collocations.
1. After working at the company for nearly 6
years, Pepito finally found the courage to approach his boss and
2. She’s organised, efficient, trustworthy, imaginative and intelligent and she
certainly knows how to . I think she’ll
be an excellent secretary.
3. Unfortunately, Maria has left the design team and she won’t be returning, so
we’re going to have to .
4. I think we need to outsource some of the technical work connected to the new
line of machines. We can’t afford to allow so much time to
5. The firm’s losing money every month, the staff’s really unhappy and our
customers are constantly complaining. The CEO just doesn’t know how to
Choose the best option to fit the
1. The difference between credits and debits in a
bank account is .
2. The local office of a bank is called .
3. Money lent by a bank that must be repaid with interest is called
4. Deficit in a bank account caused by taking out more money than is paid in is
5. An instruction to a bank to make regular payments to pay your rent or your
bills, for example, is called .
6. When you take money out of your bank account, we say in English that you have
Write the full name of each acronym.
1. COD =
2. Dept =
3. ETA =
4. GDP = Gross
5. GNP = Gross
6. Inc =
7. Jr =
8. Ltd = Company