Change the word in bold (negrita) to complete the sentences.
Write the correct word in the space.
a) I think that having the freedom to have sex with other
partners will only
b) To finish the interview, perhaps you’d like to tell us
what you think your
and weaknesses are?
a) At the moment the video is 4 minutes long. We need to
it to 6 minutes
before we upload it to the website.
b) We need to know the
of the garage.
a) “Turn the volume down now! The music in here is _.”
b) , poor sight
and memory loss are all signs of old age.
a) What’s the maximum
of the swimming
pool in metres?
b) The mystery
when another dead body was found.
a) We are having the entrance
so that people in
wheelchairs can get in easily.
b) What’s the of
the dinning room in metres?
a) The long illness has
b) His greatest is
his inability to make decisions.
a) I’m sorry Rafa, but your four-week holiday allowance has
been to two. We
all have to do our bit during this recession, you know.
b) I have trouble standing for long periods, I get dizzy
when I get up to quickly, my blood pressure is high and I
often suffer from a
a) The plane must reach a
of at least 1000
metres before you can jump, otherwise the parachute may not
open in time.
b) His makes it
easy for him to see well at concerts and get served in a
Choose the best word to complete the sentences.
1. My flat is on the fifth
. It’s number 14.
2. After a wedding, the groom, the best man and the father
of the bride usually make
3. If you want my , I wouldn't go on holiday to India at that time of
4. When Lady Gaga kissed the president on live TV, it was
good for her new album and European tour.
5. Have you seen Ford’s new on TV?
6. If you want to find out about what's happening in the
world, why don't you listen to the
on the radio or TV?
7. I’ve got your telephone number and email, but I've lost
My flat is on the fifth...
The Past Continuous
The past continuous or past progressive is
used to say that something was happening around a particular time.
Examples: I was having lunch at 2 o’clock.
What were you doing when I phoned? They weren’t sitting in the restaurant when we arrived.
We can use the past continuous and past simple together. In this case,
the past continuous is used for the longer action and to provide
background. The past simple is used for the shorter action.
Examples: We were driving along when suddenly a dog ran out in
front of the car.
She sent me a text message while I was waiting for her.
Choose the best tense for the following sentences.
1. I saw Sofia last week.
She her arm while she .
2. I bought a beer and over to the table to join in the conversation.
They about football when I sat down.
3. It’s difficult to believe that this time last week we
along 5th Avenue in New York
a hot dog.
4. It was a beautiful day yesterday. When I left home the
sun and the birds . It good to be alive.
5. Suddenly, I out of the car window and I
that we past Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament.
6. When I Sandra in the pub last night she
7. I my girlfriend while I around Australia.
8. Yesterday, I home to find that my 14-year-old son
my best single malt whisky.
9. Simon me that the reason his wife was never at home was
because she an affair with her Karate instructor. I
him to do nothing.
10. While I for the train, someone
their hand in my pocket and
So am I, Neither am I.
So am I significa 'yo también'.
We can also say "I am too".
So does she means “she does too”. So has he means “he has
Neither am I and nor am I significan 'yo tampoco'.
We can also say “I’m not either”.
Examples: He’s Spanish, and so am I.
She’s from Buenos Aires, and so am I.
I was angry, and so was my wife.
I can’t speak French, and neither can he.
I hate swimming, and so does she.
"I’ve forgotten his name." – "So have I!"
Complete the sentences with so am I, neither/nor am I etc. in the
1. She’s learning Chinese,
and her husband.
2. ‘I’ve decided to lose weight.’ – ‘.’
3. I can’t drive, and
4. ‘I love travelling.’ – ‘.’
5. Julie won’t be at the meeting, and
6. ‘I bought an iPhone.’ – ‘
7. ‘He’s tall and really attractive.’ – ‘
8. ‘You look tired.’ – ‘
9. ‘We weren’t surprised.’ – ‘
10. The hotel was terrible, and