1. I used to a really attractive a girl called Karen who worked in my
office, so one day I asked her out for a drink.
2. I’d been going out with Karen for a year when I decided to buy her a
diamond engagement ring. I took her to an expensive restaurant and
to her. She said yes, and six months later Karen and I got
3. The wedding was wonderful, and after we went to Indonesia for our
4. About a year after the wedding I discovered that Karen was having
with my best friend.
5. I was devastated and immediately with her and got a divorce.
1. Although Pepito and Carmen no longer love each other, they’ve decided
to stay together the children.
2. Unfortunately, they’ve been getting on really badly and their
relationship is .
3. I into her eyes and told her I loved her.
4. Our eyes met in a crowded room and it was love
5. I asked that attractive new secretary out for a drink last week, but
she turned me .
6. I’ve been having problems with my girlfriend lately, so yesterday we
decided to sit down and have talk about our relationship.
to get divorced (from) = divorciarse (de)
to get engaged (to) = prometerse con
to get married (to) = casarse (con)
to get on (well) with someone = llevarse bien (con)
Other Related Vocabulary
acquaintance = conocido / conocida
boss = jefe / jefa
colleague = compañero / compañera (de trabajo)
employee = empleado / empleada
employer = empleador / empleadora, patrón / patrona
fiancé = (masc.) prometido
fiancée = (fem.) novia, prometido
friend = amigo /amiga
best friend = mejor amigo / mejor amiga
neighbour = vecino / vecina
partner = compañero / compañera, pareja, socio / socia
· LLÉVANOS CONTIGO
- En Nuestra web
encontrarás como siempre nuestro
Curso de Inglés Multimedia Gratuito con varios niveles para que puedas
avanzar a tu ritmo así como otras secciones que te ayudarán a mantener y
mejorar tu inglés. También te ofrecemos otras posibilidades para que
tengas siempre contigo todo lo que necesites.